Yearly Company of Tennessee
Terms Of Service
Last Updated: March 15th, 2020
Welcome to the Yearly Company of Tennessee DBA “Yearly Co.” web site located at www.YearlyCo.com (“the Site”). Yearly Co. provides this website as a service to our customers to shop online.
Please read the following terms of service (“Terms”) as they govern your use of our website and our services and content accessible via our website.
To make these Terms easier to read, the website and our online shopping services and content are collectively referred to as the “services.”
By using our services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by the term set forward, please do not use our services.
Items purchased YearlyCo.com are sold to our customers for personal use and not for resale purposes. Yearly Co. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to limit the quantity of items sold or to refuse the sale of any items to a customer at any time.
Membership & Eligibility
Yearly Co. is an online retailer of fine jewelry and jewelry care products. You can sign up for a an account by registering and creating an “Account.” You may use our services to make purchases only if you are 18 years or older and capable of forming a binding contract with us. It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information for your Account and you agree to update such information, as needed, for current shipping and billing information.
If you do not, we may suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you will not disclose your Account password to anyone and you will notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You are solely responsible for all actions that occur under your Account, whether or not you are aware of those actions.
When you make a purchase through our Services, you authorize us or our third party payment processor to charge your payment method for any such purchases (plus any applicable taxes and other charges) that may be accrued by or in connection with your purchase. You are responsible for the timely payment of all fees and for providing a valid method of payment. All prices, fees and any applicable taxes and other charges are payable in U.S. dollars. When you initiate a purchase transaction via the Services, you will be asked to provide customary billing information such as your name, billing address, and credit card information. You may also need to provide additional information to verify your identity before completing your transaction. If you are completing the purchase using a third party payment processor, that processor’s terms and conditions apply to your payment transaction.
At Yearly Co., we are committed to providing our customers with great quality products. Our products are sold online only in limited quantities and availabilities. We have done our best to display our items as accurately as possible via our Services. Please be aware however that variations in style, color, size, shape and look may occur. If you are not satisfied your purchase, please review our return policy under our FAQ.
(a) Our Content
All of the content that appears on the Site, including all visuals, text, audio and video clips are subject to copyright protections and/or other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Yearly Co. (“Content”). We either own or have a license to all such Content.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Yearly Co. grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and view the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
(b) User Content
“User Content” means any text, graphics, images, works of authorship of any kind or other materials that are posted, generated, provided, or otherwise made available by you through the Services or that you share with other users or recipients. User Content includes without limitation Feedback (defined below) and Tagged Media (defined below).
By making any User Content available through the Services you hereby grant to Yearly Co. a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform your User Content, in whole or in part, in connection with the Services and Yearly Co.’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting, marketing or advertising and redistributing part or all of the Services (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (whether now known or hereafter devised). You understand that Yearly Co. is not obligated to utilize any of the rights granted in these Terms and we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Content you submit or upload.
Except where prohibited by law, by submitting or uploading User Content through the Services, you waive and agree not to assert any “moral” rights or claim resulting from our alteration of the User Content or any photographs, footage, statements or other work contained in the User Content. You are also agreeing to appoint Yearly Co. as your attorney-in-fact with respect to the User Content, with the right to execute and deliver any documents, in your name and on your behalf, to ensure that we can use the User Content that you are licensing in any way we see fit, and to protect the rights in any derivative works created from your User Content, and to have the User Content removed from any other website or platform.
You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you own all your User Content or you have all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You also represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by Yearly Co. on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
We are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any of your User Content.
(c) Yearly Co. tagged media
The Site includes the Yearly Co. page located at www.YearlyCo.com, which extracts content from our users and customers who share photos and videos on Instagram using Yearly Co.’s brand hashtags, including #MyYearly, #YearlyCo, #YearlyCompany, etc. or tagging the Yearly Co. Instagram account @YearlyCompany (all such hashtagged or @- labeled photos and videos, “Tagged Media”).
You acknowledge and agree that the Tagged Media may be used in Yearly Co.’s retail location, email, on our Site or other websites that we operate or control, and you hereby grant us permission to use and authorize others to use your name or social media handle in association with the Tagged Media for identification, publicity related to the Services and similar promotional purposes, including after you terminate your Account or your use of the Services. You represent and warrant that posting and use of your Tagged Media, including to the extent such Tagged Media include your name, likeness, voice, or photograph, does not violate, misappropriate or infringe on the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
(d) Copyright Policy
Yearly Co. respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. It is Yearly Co.’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances Account holders who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders.
Use of the Services
We want our customers to enjoy our site and services offered online. By using our services you are agreeing not to do any of the following, or your account may be terminated at Yearly Co.’s discretion:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Use, display, or copy any part of our services, Yearly Co.’s name, any Yearly Co. trademark, photos, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form, without our written consent, except as is clearly permitted by the functionality of the services;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Yearly Co. or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use the Services or Content, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Attempt to interfere in any way with the Services or Yearly Co.’s networks or network security, or attempt to use the Services to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other third party or individual to do anything listed above.
Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
You agree to indemnify and hold Yearly Co. (and its officers, directors, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, as well as losses, expenses, damages and costs, resulting from any violation of these Terms, your use of the Services, or any activity related to your Account (including negligent or wrongful conduct).
Gift cards, both physical and digital, are only redeemable if purchased through YearlyCo.com. or in-store. We take no responsibility for gift cards purchased from unauthorized resellers and reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or hold gift cards and orders for suspected fraud, for cards mistakenly issued in an incorrect denomination or for other violations of gift card policies.
Third Party Links
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may disable access to your Account at any time by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of Services or your Account, the following sections will survive: User Content, Payments, Feedback, Disclaimer of Warranty, Limitation of Liability, Dispute Resolution, Governing Law, and General Terms.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
ALL CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEES OR WARRANTY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER YEARLY CO. NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT YEARLY CO. HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT WILL YEARLY CO.’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO YEARLY CO. FOR USE OF THE SERVICES OR CONTENT OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO YEARLY CO., AS APPLICABLE.
THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YEARLY CO. AND YOU.
We aim to provide you with excellent customer service, and will do our best to resolve and dispute or dissatisfaction you have. If we can’t, then you and we both agree to resolve disputes related to your use of the Services or these Terms (each, a “Claim”) in binding arbitration instead of court, except that (a) a Claim may be brought in small claims court if it qualifies for it and (b) either party may bring suit in court to enjoin the infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
- What is arbitration? Arbitration does not involve a judge or jury. Instead, a neutral person (the “arbitrator”) hears each party’s side of the dispute, and makes a decision that is finally binding on both parties.The arbitrator can award the same relief as a court could award, including monetary damages.While court review of an arbitration award is limited, if a party fails to comply with the arbitrator’s decision, then the other party can have the arbitration decision enforced by a court. If for any reason a Claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, you and we each waive any right to a jury trial.
- Can a Claim be part of a class action or similar proceeding? You agree to resolve your Claims with us solely on an individual basis, and not as part of a class, representative or consolidated action.We agree to do the same.
- What rules apply in the arbitration?The arbitration will be conducted under the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”). The AAA Rules are available at adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879.
- How will the arbitration be conducted? How much does it cost?The arbitration will be conducted by the AAA or a comparable arbitration body in the event the AAA is unable to conduct the arbitration.Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.Unless the arbitrator finds your Claim frivolous, we’ll pay for all filing, administration and arbitrator fees if your Claim is for less than $10,000, and we won’t seek our attorneys’ fees and costs if we prevail in the arbitration. The arbitration may be conducted in writing, remotely (e.g., by videoconference) or in-person in the county where you live (or at some other location that we both agree to).
- How do I start an arbitration proceeding?To begin an arbitration proceeding against us, send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your Claim to email@example.com. If we request arbitration against you, we will give you notice at the email address or street address you provided.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR OPTING-OUT OF ARBITRATION: If you don’t want to agree to arbitrate your Claims as explained above, then you can opt-out of this arbitration agreement by notifying us of your decision in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must opt-out within 30 days of the date you first agree to these Terms or any updated Terms.
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of Tennessee without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Yearly Co. and you regarding the Services and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Yearly Co. and you regarding the Services and Content. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable (either by an arbitrator appointed pursuant to the terms of the “Dispute Resolution” section above or by court of competent jurisdiction, but only if you timely opt out of arbitration by sending us an opt-out email in accordance with the terms set forth above), that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Yearly Co.’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. Yearly Co. may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by Yearly Co. under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
Waiver of Rights
Yearly Co.’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Yearly Co. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
Questions for us?
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact us at email@example.com